"What do you do all day?”
It’s a common question many real estate agents get on a regular basis from those outside of the industry. We all know there’s a lot that goes into being an agent. But what are some daily habits that separate the best agents?
Here’s a list of five things we’ve discovered top real estate agents do each day to build – and maintain – a successful business, presented in a way an agent’s day might unfold:
1. Follow up: This is the perfect way to start your day. Pour a cup of coffee, sit in your office or at a Starbucks and check in on what you missed overnight. Answer emails, return phone calls and respond to social media posts. Go over pending sales agreements and contracts. Plan the social media content you’ll create and share this week (more on that below). And don’t forget to prep for your day: Review all scheduled showings and double-check market stats and trends so you’re ready to answer whatever questions come your way.
2. Market yourself: We’ll split this into four key elements of marketing, all of which are important in expanding your brand and business.
3. Prospect: Every client and sale begins as a lead, so it goes without saying that generating new leads is perhaps the most important part of your day. Keep tabs on your sphere of influence, as well as their family and friends over the phone or via social media. Check in periodically with former clients so you’re the first agent they think of for a referral – here's five tips on how to go about it. Scour “For Sale By Owner” and expired listings. Constantly work the phones and always be on the lookout for potential clients. When hosting open houses, be sure to connect with everyone who walks through the door. Your busy schedule won’t allow you to do all of these things daily, but commit a few hours each day to generating leads.
4. Be available: Your morning ritual of responding to calls, texts and social media posts shouldn’t end after your second cup of coffee; it needs to be an up-to-the-minute habit. You never know when your next lead is going to come in, so always respond quickly when you have free time. Your attentiveness will pay off in turning leads into clients and sales.
5. Endless education: This is about more than making sure your license/certification is up to date. It’s about being knowledgeable about trends, technology, available listings, mortgage rates, real estate laws and practices and more. Continuing your education is important in all walks of life, but especially in real estate.
Are you spending too much of your day on administrative tasks such as scheduling and confirming showing appointments? Learn how the ShowingTime Appointment Center can free up your time so you can focus on other tasks to grow your business.